It has been quite noticeable that European football has experienced a high influx of investments in the past decade, reaching historic record-breaking numbers. Despite the turmoil in the financial markets for the past couple of years, stakeholders from around the world searching for alternative investments have found football clubs as an attractive investment asset with continuously growing valuations.
A growing industry
The outlook for the football market could not be more positive. The global industry size reached US$ 3.02 Billion in 2021 (imarc, 2021). Moreover, experts predict the market to grow to US$ 3.87 Billion by 2027, at a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.10% during 2022-2027.
This is creating new dynamics around the ways in which football properties are governed and getting access to new ways of funding growth.
Our WFS Europe 2022 Workshop & report
The past edition of our flagship event WFS Europe had a special workshop led by Carlos Cantó from SPSG Consulting, where 16 top industry experts shared insights and debated about how these dynamics will evolve in the future.
This interesting workshop was later turned into a special report on Football Ownership & Governance that covers the following topics:
- Ownership of football clubs
- Type of investments
- Governance of football clubs
This complete report is free for you to download, so make sure you do and stay on top of your game!
We want to thank the following professionals for collaborating in the elaboration of the report by taking the time to attend the Workshop on September 2022:
- Koffi Addae (Consultant at Sports Consultant)
- Antonio Alquezar (Member of the Board at Córdoba CF)
- Rayde Luis Baez (Founder & Chief Connections Builder at The Connect)
- Massimo Benassi (Chief Business Development at RC Deportivo A Coruña)
- Alvaro Carias (Strategic Manager Professional Manager at FIFA)
- Jaime Colás (Senior Advisor & ex CCO at FC Internazionale Milano)
- David Guerra (Executive President at Real Sporting de Gijón)
- Juan Pablo López (Director at Pachuca FC)
- Cristina Martí (Consultant at SPSG Consulting)
- Marian Mouriño (CEO at Grupo Celta Vigo)
- Samuel Pérez (CCO & CMO at Colo–Colo)
- Ferran Prieto (Managing Partner at Everest Talent Management)
- Andrea Puentes (Jr Consultant at SPSG Consulting)
- Patricia Rodriguez (Advisory & ex CEO at Granada CF)
- Julio Senn (Managing Director & Founder at Senn Ferrero Sport & Entertainment)
- Javier Sobrino (Managing Partner at Aser Ventures)
The Football Ownership & Governance Workshop held at WFSEurope 2022
A conversation not to be missed!
After the development of the workshop’s report, we could not miss the opportunity to invite Carlos Cantó to our #WFSPodcast and immerse ourselves in an interesting conversation around the same topic to further understand the impact this information has on our industry.
Click here to listen to this WFSPodcast conversation!